The outbreak of coronavirus is affecting all our lives in lots of different ways. If your fundraising plans have been postponed or cancelled, we’ve put together a selection of ideas for virtual fundraising that you can do from home instead.
There are lots of ways you, your friends and your families can fundraise during this period.
Here are some ideas:
Amazon donates 0.5% of the net purchase price of eligible purchases to Rett UK.
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
Support us by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.co.uk
VirginMoney Giving partnered up with online buyer Ziffit to give fundraisers and donors a quick and easy way to raise funds for us and it won’t cost you a penny. Ziffit is a free web service that instantly values books, games, DVDs and CDs and generates cash quickly – which can be donated directly to our page. More info here >>
Turn your everyday online shopping into FREE donations. When you use easyfundraising to shop with any of our 4,000 retailers, the retailer makes a small donation to say thank you and we send those free funds to your cause. More info here >>
- Add the Donation Reminder [for your laptop or PC] which makes sure you never miss a donation. It is a helpful way to remind you when any store offers a donation. If you add the Donation Reminder during the next 30 days and shop, we’ll donate £1* to Rett UK.
- Refer any friends & family to easyfundraising so they can raise whenever they shop online too. When they raise their first £5, easyfundraising will match it and give £5** to Rett UK. Refer as many friends & family as you like, it’s unlimited!
Now is a great time to declutter, and working through your possessions is a chance to remember memories associated with them. Sell your clutter on eBay, or go to a website like Music Magpie, which will give you cash in return for your old CDs and DVDs. Donate the money you make to Rett UK
Coronavirus swear jar
Put a donation into the jar whenever you or someone in the house uses the word “coronavirus” and watch the money come flooding in.
Donate your commute or other expenses
Many of us are finding that we are working from home or cancelling activities outside of the house. This may mean that you find that we are saving money on travel or other expenses. If you are able to, you may want to consider donating those savings to Rett UK
Virtual Events & Fundraising Platforms
All the major fundraising platforms are allowing any kind of virtual event to help charities raise lost income from cancelled events.
Here’s a link to our pages on each of the sites:
If you’re stuck for ideas you could you…
- Take on a family challenge to see who can run up the most flights of stairs
- Tackle an indoor assault course
- Create a colouring competition
- Host an online charity quiz for friends and family – Houseparty has some excellent games that everyone can play on voice chat
- Set yourself a new challenge to complete every day
- Learn something new or improve a skill
- Donate the money you’ve saved from not buying your morning coffee on the way into work or from not buying as much fuel for the car
The ideas are endless… please share yours!
Here are our other direct donation details:
Bank Account: Metro Bank,10-20 Castle Street, Luton, LU1 3AJ
Account name Rett UK, Account No: 32450725 Sort Code: 23-05-80
Reference: Please quote your name/company
PayPal payments: firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss your ideas or opportunities with a member of the team, call Becky on 07557 850024