Rett UK is the only UK charity that provides professional support to people living with Rett syndrome across the UK.
Rett UK was founded in 1985 round a kitchen table by Yvonne Milne MBE. Since then we have grown to be the leading provider of information to not only families but also medical professionals new to the world of Rett syndrome.
Rett UK is a national charity dedicated to supporting and empowering people with Rett syndrome and their families.
Our strategic aims are to …
- provide professional family-support services, activities and events at a local, regional and national level
- educate health, social care and education professionals about Rett syndrome to enable quicker diagnosis and improved standards of care throughout the UK
- advocate for people with Rett syndrome to be given the support and resources needed to be active communicators
- promote, support and encourage research into new therapies and treatments for Rett syndrome
That everyone with Rett syndrome is given every possible opportunity to achieve their individual potential so that they may live their life to the full.
We are a small team working on a national level. We receive NO government funding and rely entirely on donations and grants to fund our work. In July 2020 we were delighted to be awarded The Charity Excellence quality mark which demonstrates our commitment to excellence in all areas, including maximising impact, delivering value-for-money and keeping everyone safe.
Download our Rett UK General Information Leaflet to learn more about our work and how you can help.
Annual General Meetings and Accounts
Please click on the links below to view the relevant documents
- AGM Agenda 2022
- Proxy Voting Form
- AGM Minutes 2021
- Rett UK Articles of Association
- Rett UK Accounts – Year ending 31st March 2022
Rett UK has a comprehensive list of policies and procedures, which are reviewed and updated regularly by the trustees. If you would like to view any of our policies or procedures please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
You may wish to refer to our Rett UK Confidentiality and Information Sharing Policy to understand more about this important area.